Sunday 7 December 2008

Wow, That was Fast

Another weekend gone. I don't know about you but the weekends here seem to fly. We didn't really do anything exciting, Friday night J had his first basketball game..he did great. He had 15 points, so proud.
Then Saturday is started snowing, J had practice...he left after my repeated harping to be careful and drive slow since the roads were covered with a light fluffy snow. You know the kind that makes the roads very icy. So he wasn't gone 20 seconds and the phone rings and sure enough he took out a mailbox down the street. Ughhh, I swear I hate this whole driving thing, I am a worrier and this is almost more than I can handle. LOL
So when practice was over me, J, K and her friend (who lives here every weekend)LOL went out bought a new mailbox and post, then hit Wal-Mart and the mall to pick up a few gifts since I had coupons that I had to use or lose. We had a great time and came home on horrible roads to a nice snow fall. Hubby got out the sleds and the next 2 hours were spent outside sledding. We all had a great time came in and had the neighbors over for some hot chocolate and coffee with Baileys. YUM!!
Before J went sledding I told him to get in the car we were going to practice driving. The roads were really bad and very icy. I told him if he can drive in our sub-division on bad roads he can drive in town on clear roads. So out we went and he did really well. I do believe it helped his confidence. Then we went to the clubhouse parking lot and we did donuts. Sorry, he begged and I have to admit it was really fun.
Then today hubby put the outside lights up ,I did laundry and a little this n that. The kids went sledding again and later in the afternoon hubby and J went and put up the new mailbox.
There ya go!
How was yours?

1 comment:

Me said...

Funny! I almost took CK out to practice snow and ice driving too! We ended up not having time where both of us were available yet but I intend on making him do it this weekend. We'll probably go to the high school parking lot on Sunday and he can practice slamming on his brakes and trying to control it on ice, etc. (and uh... probably do donuts. LOL)