Thursday 11 December 2008

Saving Time...NOT!

So I was making my monthly run to GFS (Gordon Food Services) and saw that they had pre-cut out sugar cookies. My mom brain kicked in and I thought what a great idea. Not only save time but have much less mess to deal with. I quickly snatched them up and checked out, rather proud of myself for finding such a "great idea". Imagine my surprise when I get home and tell my kids about them as we settle down for a nice dinner and I am met with groans and total disgust.
I was accused of ruining a tradition, to "what were you thinking?"...."how could you do that or even think that was a great idea?" So now I am stuck with this box of cookies that no one wants any part of. So what will I do? You guessed it...I will make sugar cookies and my kids will cut them out and I will bake them while they make a HUGE mess. I will do it with a smile on my face while they bicker and pick and throw dough at each other. After all you never mess with traditions no matter how easier it would make your life.


Kim

1 comment:

Me said...

But... that's SWEET! LOL. Yes, it's amazing what 'traditions' our kids pick up! So awesome though.